Top 5 Green Cleaning Products
With spring right around the corner, lots of people are expecting a long held tradition clean and to freshen their houses.
Most people are not aware of the dangers associated with using standard cleaning products.
The average cleaning product, whether it’s bleach, dish soap, air uk cleaning supplies freshener, or an all purpose cleaner, contains compounds that are harmful. Some of these substances, called “cancer causing agents” literally cause cancer. The list goes on.
That is the reason why it is so important to “go green”, even supposing it’s only for your health’s sake.
National laws are presently not in place to induce producers to disclose all ingredients used in the cleaning products. But some producers do some of their ingredients to list, and just a little research will reveal which ingredients cause damage.
What does it mean to be green?
Just said, green products are products that do not contain toxins that are harmful to your health or the environment.
There is insufficient space here to list all the harmful substances that are available in most cleaning products (even some of the so-called “green” varieties). By the way, some of the “green” cleaning products are not extremely green due to lack of guidelines that have yet to be imposed by the FDA.
You’ll be able to check products listed and ranked at the EWG site (Environmental Wellness Group http://www.ewg.org ) The EWG is now one of the leading advocacy groups for green or natural cleaning products. I Have comprised a listing of healthy products beneath to save yourself time.
I have spent an important period of time studying products, learning from mistakes, and have found some of excellent products that truly are green, and safe to use.
1. EcoSense product line by Melaleuca company. It’s an organization that ships directly to consumers.
2. Dr. Bronner’s 18 in 1 Pure Castile Soap (Peppermint ) Found in most natural health shops, it’s a healthier alternative to a general cleaning product.
3. J.R. Watkins – These products smell great and work well. They can be seen in some shops, and again a little pricier than your average cleaning product, but you receive an immense return on your own investment when you consider your health.
4. Seventh Generation Toilet Cleaner- because they lack dangerous toxins Discovered in some health shops, thsee toilet cleansers have an ear their odor, but are some of the greatest choices for toilet cleaners.
5. Bon Ami – This is a scouring powder like comet. It is made from ash and egg shells and works great on cleaning jobs that were rougher. Baking soda can also be used as an all-natural scouring product. Many people like to combine white distilled vinegar with baking soda to make a paste for rough areas like the oven.
DIY – If you’re considering making your own products, white distilled vinegar works best. A great all purpose cleaner, glass cleaner, as well as disinfectant when used correctly. Pour into your mop water and you’ve got a healthy, powerful flooring cleanser. (Beware: there are varying opinions on using vinegar on wood or granite floors.) When using vinegar, make sure to cut on the vinegar in half and all purpose cleaner, otherwise it’ll be too acidic to use in your surfaces. The odor is… well, pretty vinegary. But the smell dissipates as it dries.
If all of this is too much, you can always hire an eco-friendly cleaning service to do your cleaning. The compounds resonate in the air and on the surfaces, while the cleaning is done even if you are away from home. Care should be taken to protect the health of your family and your health from these toxic compounds. By just switching your products, you could be saved a lot of money and headaches later on.